Cabin Fever is a 10-day winter adventure, laden with unique events for lovers of decadent food, fine local wines and live music – from mystery dinners to cheese and wine pairing battles – every experience is an indulgence for the senses. Tourists and locals will descend on the vineyards, wine bars and other wondrous spots of the beautiful Margaret River region to create their own winter escapade.
Want to be a part of the program? Have a read through the event information and then tell us about your event concept below.
To create a winter event schedule that drives visitation to the Margaret River Region in an historically off-peak period and encourages locals to leave the house and connect with others throughout winter.
Friday 16 – Sunday 25 July, 2021
Cabin Fever aims to attract a mix of local and overnight visitors, with the below behaviours.
What we’re looking for
- Dual income couples between the ages of 25 and 45 who choose to spend their disposable income on eating and drinking at the newest restaurants and bars, and like to attend quirky events such as Fringe Festival.
- Empty nesters who choose to spend their disposable income on fine dining, quality products and comfortable holidays.
- Events that push the boundaries and help solidify our position as ‘not your average food festival’
- Events that are unique to the Cabin Fever program and are one-off, that is not available at any other time of the year.
- A mix of free and ticketed events
- Events that showcase the diversity of experiences in Your Margaret River Region and provide an authentic ‘down south’ experience (avoiding connections with Christmas in July, North American winter and snow).
- Event concepts that demonstrate collaboration with other regional businesses.
Cabin Fever works with a two-tier marketing fee approach to ensure small-style venues and producers can participate in the program, while working towards a sustainable event structure that will allow Cabin Fever festival to continue in the future. Please get in contact with festival organisers to discuss which tier is right for you.
Intimate Event - $500 plus GST
- Inclusion under the Cabin Fever Festival umbrella and associated marketing.
- Inclusion in the Cabin Fever printed program
- Dedicated event page on the Cabin Fever website, including ticket link
- Ticket sales setup on Humanitix and all ticket sales management
- Setup of a Facebook Event Page
- At least one (1) boosted/paid post on Facebook and Instagram
- 2 x tickets to Cabin Fever launch party (event details TBC)
- Risk Management Plan template
- At least one (1) face-to-face meeting with event management team
- Face to Face meetings with Event Organisers, as well as ongoing communication and support with planning, marketing, promotion and rollout of event
- Corflute Directional signage
Large-scale events - $900 plus GST
Large-scale events receive all associated benefits of Intimate Events, plus:
- Promotion of your event and relevant business news/imagery through selected marketing activities (social media, public relations, advertising)
- Confirmed Photographer and Videographer at your event
- Your event pitched to media
- Larger event listing in program (1/2 page)
- 4 x Invites to the Launch Party